Stuff You'll Need
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 4 large portobello mushrooms - stems removed and maybe scrubbed out a bit with a brushroom mush...err.. you know what we mean
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tube of polenta - cut into slices, thickness is up to you
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded low-moisture mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in vinegar; remove from heat.
- Place mushrooms in a 13x9-in. baking dish, gill side up. Brush with vinegar mixture; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with polenta and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender, 20-25 minutes. Get that cheese all bubbly and brown. Sprinkle with basil.