Stuff You'll Need
- 1 Big Ass Sweet Potato
- 4 Slices of yummy bacon goodness
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 Tbsp. oh so finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of shredded - gnarly cheddar cheese
- 2 oz of shredded - probably by you gouda cheese… smoked is fine, dude
- 1 3/4 cups of egg or “egg product”…. like the Egg Beaters but we don’t condone violence
- 1/2 cup of fat-free milk
- 1/4 tsp. of hot pepper sauce - I used the beer -based stuff from here.
- Pretty parsley leaves for some art-deco
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- Peel and slice your sweet potato (give thanks for it’s goodness while doing) and place it in baking dish. Toss in 2 Tbsp. of water and nuke for about 5 minutes. Make sure you cover it with plastic wrap… and pop a few holes in it. Let that cool when done.
- Take the sweet potato and arrange it in the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate (like you are making a pie, duh). It’s okay and good to overlap.
- Sprinkle on the bacon you crisped up earlier (What? You didn’t? Go cook 4 pieces until crunchy and then crumble. This is why we read the whole recipe ahead of time.)
- Throw on the green pepper and onion. Top with the cheesy goodness.
- Whisk together the egg stuff, milk, and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour it over your veggies and cheese in the pie plate.
- Bake it in the oven for around 45-50 minutes. Stick it with a knife or toothpick and if nothing attaches itself, you are done!
- Cool for 10 minutes (on a wire rack if you have one).
- Slice it up. Decorate with the pretty parsley.
- Eat it.