Stuff You'll Need
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice - no pulp
- 3 Tbsp snipped fresh cilantro… eww… not for me. I go with parsley - kids.
- 4 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 turkey breast tenderloin - about 1 pound, split in half horizontally; or 4 skinless, turkey breasts, skin removed
- 1/4 tsp. of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp of mayo
- 1 Tbsp of cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh basil all snipped up.
- Some tomatoes - thinly sliced
- 1 cup of thinly sliced cucumber
How to Make It
- In a wee little saucepan combine ketchup, orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro parsley, 2 cloves of the garlic, cumin, and black pepper. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Transfer 1/3 cup of the sauce to a small bowl and keep remaining sauce warm.
- Either grill or broil in the oven your turkey pieces. Cook for about 12 minutes per side (depending on thickness). With about 2 minutes left on the last side, brush on that 1/3 cup of BBQ sauce.
- Slice turkey and serve with remaining sauce. Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro parsley.
- You are gonna put it on a plate with this (that you made earlier while the turkey was cooking – always read ahead!):
- Make a paste of the remaining garlic cloves by smushing them with the side of your knife.
- In a bowl, whisk the garlic with the mayo until smooooth.
- Whisk in the buttermilk.
- Stir in the basil.
- Pour the dressing over some tomatoes and cucumbers, arranged nicely on plates.
- Eat it.