Veggie Burger Soup
Soup is delicious....and this one has a little spice thanks to Ro-Tel!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 ounces of diced onion
- 1 1/2 ounces diced green pepper
- 1/2 ounce diced celery
- 32- ounces chicken stock I use Pacific
- 1 14- ounce can Ro*Tel diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar or sweetener like Swerve
- 5 ounces of red cabbage sliced 1/4-inch wide
Add olive oil and beef to a stock pot. Brown the beef.
Add the onion, green pepper, celery, chicken stock, and tomatoes. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Add salt to taste and then add the garlic powder, vinegar, stevia, and cabbage.
Simmer for about 20 minutes, making sure that the cabbage is very tender.
Add water as necessary to keep the soup from getting too thick.
Put it in a bowl. Sprinkle with parm.