Stuff You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 ounces of diced onion
- 1 1/2 ounces diced green pepper
- 1/2 ounce diced celery
- 32- ounces chicken stock I use Pacific
- 1 14- ounce can Ro*Tel diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar or sweetener like Swerve
- 5 ounces of red cabbage sliced 1/4-inch wide
How to Make It
- Add olive oil and beef to a stock pot. Brown the beef.
- Add the onion, green pepper, celery, chicken stock, and tomatoes. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Add salt to taste and then add the garlic powder, vinegar, stevia, and cabbage.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, making sure that the cabbage is very tender.
- Add water as necessary to keep the soup from getting too thick.
- Put it in a bowl. Sprinkle with parm.
- Eat it.