Stuff You'll Need
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 great onion grated
- 1/4 lb of firm tofu… - yeah, they don’t sell it that way so about a third of the standard cube-blob..grated
- 1/2 of a zucchini grated
- 2 garlic cloves…minced up
- 1/4 of tomato sauce or an 8 oz can of such
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of plain breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp of those same breadcrumbs because I couldn’t do the math to combine it with the above amount
- 2 Tbsp of sunflower seeds… no shells.
- 4 buns of whole-wheat or sprouted wheat or something healthy
How to Make It
- Heat your oven up to 400° F.
- Grease up a cookie sheet with some non-stick spray.
- In a big skillet, heat up the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the grated tofu, the grated zucchini, and minced garlic. Cook until soft…about 5 minutes.
- Slop in the tomato sauce and add the salt and pepper. Let it get thick. About 4 minutes.
- Stir in ALL the breadcrumbs and sunflower seeds.
- Take off the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Make 4 patties… you know how to do that right? Put them on the cookie sheet and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
- Serve on the buns (I add a piece of gouda/basil cheese.).
- Eat it.