What You're Gonna Need:
- ½ of a red onion dicey-diced
- 1 lb. of ground chicken
- 1 ½ tsp. of chili powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 medium-sized avocado dicey-diced
- The juice of 1 lime (or about 2 tbsp. of lime juice
- As much cheese curds as you’d like….because you are gonna nibble on them while you cook
Optional Salsa Sauce:
- 1 container of salsa
- 1 container of sour cream
What Ya Gotta Do:
- Combine half of the red onion, the egg white, 1 tsp. of the chili powder, and the ground chicken. Shape into 4 burgers and then refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- While waiting, combine the avocado, cucumber, lime juice, remaining onion, and remaining chili powder. Divide that equally on 4 plates.
- Mix the salsa and sour cream to your desired consistency. I like mine more creamy than salsa-y.
- Spray a big ass skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Cook each burger for 5 minutes in the skillet.
- Flip the burgers over and add a few cheese curds to the top of each. Cover the skillet and cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melty (and chicken isn’t pink).
- Plop the burgers on top of the salads. Add a dollop of the salsa sauce.
- Eat it.