Things You Might Want to Use
- 1 medium pot
- 1 medium pan
Stuff You’ll Need
- 1 lb frozen pork dumplings or wontons - vegetable or chicken is also good
- 2 tbsp (Irish) butter
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh (Mexican) tarragon, chopped
- 6 cups broth, chicken preferred
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
How to Make It
- Pour broth into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Place butter in pan and melt on medium-high.
- Add herbs to melted butter, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add dumplings to the pan, flip to coat a few times, cook until slightly browned on both sides.
- When broth is boiling and dumplings are seared, pour dumplings directly from pan into the pot of broth.
- Add a handful of chives to the liquid and a pinch (to taste) of cracked pepper.
- When dumplings seem to be cooked through, spoon into bowls (with broth) and top with additional chives.
- Eat it.