Things You Might Want to Use
- 10-inch cast iron skillet
Stuff You’ll Need
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups jarred whole artichoke hearts
- Salt and pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 2-inch strips lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 2 garlic cloves - sliced thin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives - halved
- 4 ounces feta cheese - cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
How to Make It
- Heat 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. To see if it is nice and hot, touch it with your tongue.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat until it gets all shimmery and shiny.
- Add artichokes and ½ teaspoon salt and cook until slightly brown, up to 10 minutes or so.
- Stir in thyme sprigs, lemon zest, garlic, fennel seeds, and pepper flakes and cook until it smells like a little slice of heaven. Shouldn’t take more than a hot minute.
- Stir in olives and remaining oil. Reduce heat to low and cook until flavors become one with the Baby Jesus and mixture is heated happily. (20 minutes)
- Throw out the thyme sprigs and lemon zest, if desired. Keep ‘em in if ya feel dirty.
- Gently stir in feta and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
- EAT IT!