Stuff You'll Need
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 ⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 ⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic - minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 ⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9″x 5″ loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grab a large bowl, mix the ground beef, 1 cup of the marinara sauce, diced red onion, eggs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Use your hands. Getting messy is swell!
- Fill loaf pan with the meatloaf mixture, patting with your hands to form an even top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Remove loaf from oven and then top with the remaining 1⁄2 cup of marinara sauce, and all of the mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 30 minutes (Your meat thermometer (you have one, right?) should register 165 degrees.
- Drain fat from pan.
- Let the loaf rest 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with oregano (or use a decorative sprig bit) and cut 8 equal slices.
- Eat it.